Why we recommend this plan:
- Although you prefer to pay lower monthly premiums, your history of frequent doctor visits suggests that a plan with higher premiums and wider coverage—like Plan G or Plan N—will better fit your needs.
- You told us that your health costs aren’t too expensive, which means you likely don’t need the more expensive Medigap plans.
- Plan G and N cover your Part B copayments and coinsurance, which means you won’t pay each time you see your doctor. This could save you money in the long run.
Things to know about Plan G and Plan N
- Both Medigap plans cover 100% of the Part A and Part B coinsurance and copayments and the Part A deductible—in addition to 80% of foreign travel emergency services.
- Plan G also covers Part B “excess charges,” which you may need covered if you see doctors who don’t accept Medicare’s payment for services.
- Plan N is typically cheaper than Plan G because it doesn’t cover quite as much as Plan G and requires you to pay copayments for some office and emergency room visits.