Brian Therrien from TheDisabilityDigest.com on SSDI Benefits and Understanding the Program

Calendar Icon Updated May 17, 2019
Experts

What is the mission of TheDisabilityDigest.com?

Mission is to provide our members with a trusted, easy to use, free resource that helps those on or in need of disability get and or maximize their disability benefits. While creating income opportunities for our members.

What does membership on your website provide?

Check Your Eligibility

Absolutely RISK-FREE & Confidential Evaluation!
I acknowledge and understand that by submitting this Contact Request form through clicking "Check Eligibility!", I provide my express consent to the following: (1) That I am bound by Eligibility.com LLC’s Privacy Policy and Terms of Use; (2) That I am not required to submit this form, and thereby agree to all terms located herein, as a condition to receive any property, goods, or services that may be offered, and that I may revoke my consent at any time.

Concrete help with ALL the issues you’ll encounter in the disability system including:

  • Getting Approved For Disability
  • How To Maximize Your Benefits
  • How Much You Can Legally Make Reliable Jobs And Income
  • How To Find Affordable Housing Disabled Grants
  • Financial & Health Care Assistance
  • Connect With And Learn From Others All About Veterans Benefits, and
  • More when you become a member

You’ve helped over 60,000 people understand the complicated qualifications for receiving SSDI benefits. What stands out as the most common misconceptions about the program?

Biggest misconception is most applicants follow the traditional wisdom of applying on their own using an uneducated approach.   Thinking that this is an entitlement and if I don’t get approved I will seek out some help.

Regrettably the result this approach are dismal… 32% of all applicants get awarded.  See the stats here.

Who is SSDI designed to help?

Check Your Eligibility

Absolutely RISK-FREE & Confidential Evaluation!
I acknowledge and understand that by submitting this Contact Request form through clicking "Check Eligibility!", I provide my express consent to the following: (1) That I am bound by Eligibility.com LLC’s Privacy Policy and Terms of Use; (2) That I am not required to submit this form, and thereby agree to all terms located herein, as a condition to receive any property, goods, or services that may be offered, and that I may revoke my consent at any time.

Honest hard-working Americans that are suffering from a condition that being treated, not getting any better and prevents from being able to do any job in the United States 5 days a week 40 hours a week.

For those who qualify for SSDI benefits, what benefits may they also see for their spouse or family members?

Not much available here because SSDI benefits for the most part are based on an individual’s work history not a spouse’s work history.   Exceptions to this is for widows.

Do you feel that disabled Americans are generally aware of what is available to them through this program?  What could be done to better educate them?

I dont feel that disabled Americans are aware of what is available. If the government made all of this information easy to find it in one place there wouldn’t be a need for The Disability Digest. What could be done better is more people come to The Disability Digest to get a free membership, and learn the strategies that we use to get help much faster than normal.

How do SSDI benefits differ for those who served in the military?

SSDI Benefits are based on your work history and your condition. If approved you are considered disabled and receive the full amount based on your work history. Veterans or military benefits are based on what percentage you are disabled based on in military injury.   A veteran could be 10% disabled for PTSD and another veteran 80 % for loss of limb. Or one veteran could have a combined rating to 90%, 10% for PTSD and 80% for loss of limb.

Finally, are there any offline resources on the SSDI program that you’d recommend people check out?

No.

Kyle Stapp

As Program Director of Eligibility.com, Kyle researches and publishes insights on government programs and their effect on everyday people.  He oversees the educational centers inside Eligibility.com and works daily with program applicants to answer their questions.  His programs include Medicare, Unemployment, and more.

Read More